Donations to members of the Australian healthcare community
Amgen healthcare donations
As part of Amgen’s mission to serve patients, Amgen Australia makes donations to qualified members of the Australian healthcare community and patient organisations for the following purposes:
- The support of science, technology, medicine, healthcare or education; or
- Education of the public on disease states, medical conditions, science or technology; or
- In furtherance of other genuine philanthropic and charitable purposes that are consistent with Amgen’s scientific and disease interests.
Types of donations that are supported by Amgen Australia include, but are not limited to the support of science, technology, medicine, healthcare or education for educational activities, including, but not limited to,
- Fellowship programs, endowed professorships, scholarships, and third party medical education programs;
- Public education programs, disease awareness campaigns, patient assistance programs;
- Patient advocacy programs; or
- Other giving or funding to support programs and initiatives consistent with the purposes set forth above, including charitable donations such as payments for fundraising events.
Donations are a contribution, grant, or payment in cash or in kind, made by Amgen to a not-for-profit and/or tax-exempt organisation without expectation of something in return other than customary donor recognition of incidental value.
Amgen Australia may make donations only to qualified recipients to further an educational, scientific or other charitable purpose.
Qualified recipients do not include individuals, and include only the following types of entities:
- Healthcare institutions
- Patient organisations
- Professional, scientific or medical societies
- Scientific or medical trade associations
- Non-healthcare institutions
- All such recipients must be tax exempt organisations, not-for-profit organisations, accredited by tax authority as non-profit institutions eligible to receive donations.
Overview of healthcare donation funding application process
Amgen Australia is dedicated to making the application process simple and straightforward.
Please complete the application process at least sixty (60) days prior to the required donation date. Requests submitted less than sixty (60) days prior will be reviewed at Amgen Australia's discretion and a funding decision may not be made in time for the proposed request. A fully executed donation agreement signed by both the requesting body and Amgen Australia must be in place before the start of the program or event. Therefore, we strongly encourage parties to submit their requests as early as possible to ensure timely processing.
If the donation request is from a member of the Australian healthcare community (any member of the medical, dental, pharmacy or nursing professions or any other person who in the course of his or her professional activities may prescribe, recommend, influence or arrange the purchase, supply, or administration of an Amgen product) or Healthcare Institution or Patient Organisation please use the application procedure for healthcare related donations.
Healthcare donation application requirements
Amgen Australia's healthcare donation funding application process includes:
- Completion of an online application form.
- Attachment of required documents (.pdf format) to the application (as set out below).
Required information for donation consideration
In order to ensure the donation request is processed in a timely manner, all items listed below must be included in your application:
1. Detailed program description
- Program title
- Letter of request
- Primary point of contact (name, telephone number, and email address)
- Requesting institution/organisation’s mission or purpose
- Program start and end dates
- Program objectives and/or description
2. Detailed donation requirements
- Amount requested from Amgen (in AUD$)
- Total funding sought
- Statement regarding how funds will be used (e.g. budget)
3. Payee information
- Full legal name of requesting institution/organisation
- Tax exempt status