Donations to members of the Australian non-healthcare community
Amgen Australia makes donations to qualified charitable organisations that support the community and environment in which we operate.
Donations are a contribution, grant, or payment in cash or in kind, made by Amgen to a not-for-profit and/or tax-exempt organisation without expectation of something in return other than customary donor recognition of incidental value.
Amgen Australia may make donations only to qualified recipients as set forth below in the Eligibility Criteria section, to further an educational, scientific or other charitable purpose.
If the donation request involves a member of the Australian healthcare community (any member of the medical, dental, pharmacy or nursing professions or any other person who in the course of his or her professional activities may prescribe, recommend, influence or arrange the purchase, supply, or administration of an Amgen product) on behalf of a Healthcare Institution or Patient Organisation, please use the application procedure for healthcare related donations.
All other requests for donations must meet the eligibility criteria before an online application for a donation is deemed to be complete.
Overview of donation funding application process
Amgen Australia is dedicated to making the application process simple and straightforward. Amgen Australia will send an email confirmation upon receipt of your application.
Please complete the application process at least sixty (60) days prior to the required donation date. Requests submitted less than sixty (60) days prior will be reviewed at Amgen Australia’s discretion and a funding decision may not be made in time for the proposed request. A fully executed donation agreement signed by both the requesting body and Amgen Australia must be in place before the start of the program or event. Therefore, we strongly encourage parties to submit their requests as early as possible to ensure timely processing.
Donation application requirements
Amgen Australia’s non-healthcare donation funding application process includes
- Completion of an online application form.
- Attachment of required documents (.pdf format) to the application (as set out below).
Required information for donation consideration
In order to ensure the donation request is processed in a timely manner, all items listed below must be included in your application:
1. Contact Information
- Full name
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Full legal name, street address, suburb, city, and postcode for payments
2. Organisation information
- Mission statement
3. Request information
- Project title
- Requested amount
- Type of support
- Primary geography served
- Statement regarding how funds will be used (e.g. budget)
- Confirmation if the program will be multi-sponsored
Eligibility criteria – important application considerations
Donation requests supported by Amgen Australia will not be considered for:
- Direct support to individuals;
- Political organisations and lobbying activities except where covered by applicable Amgen Australia policies and procedures;
- Religious organisations, unless the payment is designated to a program that is non-denominational in nature and benefits a broad range of the community (e.g. homeless shelters and soup kitchens)*
- Organisations that discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, or disability statuses in the delivery of services and in their employment practices.
*The program must have a formal, secular mission statement and its budget and staff must be separate from any affiliated religious institution.